Pacific Whale Foundation (PWF)
Internship Opportunity in Maui, Hawai'i with Pacific Whale Foundation
Pacific Whale Foundation (PWF) - based in Maui, Hawai'i- is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting whales and other marine life through research, education, and conservation. Our researchers have studied whales and dolphins throughout the Pacific for over 30 years and currently conduct projects in Hawaii, Australia, and Ecuador. We offer internships in our Marine Mammal Research Program year-round.
COMMITMENT: PWF seeks performance-driven and dedicated individuals for long-term internships -applicants willing to commit longer than 3 months will be favored-to assist with our research efforts. Successful applicants are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a fixed schedule.
REQUIREMENTS: Ideal applicants should:
-Be advanced undergraduates or recent graduates in biology, zoology, marine biology, ecology, or a related field;
- Possess a mixture of experience in both field work and data-handling;
- Have a mature attitude towards research, i.e. be willing and able to work long hours in office environment and in adverse field conditions;
- Have boat experience(driving of small vessels preferred);
- Be able to collect data in a detail-oriented manner;
- Be proficient with computers and data entry;
- Have strong work ethics and superior organizational skills;
- Be independent, adaptable, and a fast-learner;
- Be enthusiastic and possess a positive attitude;
- Be sociable and team-oriented;
- Speak English fluently.
-Applicants with little biology or marine expertise that possess outstanding skills in programming, statistical analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and databases are also welcomed.
More information: http://www.wiseoceans-work.com/pwf-intern.html